Monday, May 13, 2019

Error: PowerBI does not refresh report via schedule.

Recently started working closely with PowerBI and got very strange error when tried to refresh reports on a schedule.


The message actually says:
"Several errors occurred during data refresh. Please try again later or contact your administrator."

SessionID: 1b80301e-3898-417a-af9c-2e77ec490728
[0] -1055784932: Credentials are required to connect to the SQL source. (Source at SQLServerName;DBA_Pro.). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[1] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

In my case the cause of the problem was very silly thing. PowerBI Server assigned only one data source connection string to my report, while in my report I had two data sources with only the difference in a Database Name capitalization:

In order to fix that I had to open each of my queries, which referred to capitalized "DBA_PRO" database and change it to "DBA_Pro".

As soon as I fixed all queries I've got only one data source in my report:

And after re-uploading it to the server my schedule nicely updated the report:


Hope it helps a lot of people.

5 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe the issue was just the case lettering of a data source. This solution worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this, you saved me who knows how much time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, This is awesome.Took 2 days to get to this solution, This is insane. How in the world would anyone know about this? Thank You for the solution, This worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just wanted to take the time to say thanks for sharing! Same thing happened to me. I use Power BI Report Server so I actually had to delete the Report and re-add it (versus just over-riding) for it to work. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks so much! I can't believe it was such an easy solution! I use Power BI Report Server so I actually had to overwrite the report and re-add it (versus just over-writing it) for the capitalization to take place. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for this solution! :)

    ReplyDelete