Significantly changed format.
Moved Stored procedure to a script.
That makes documenting of whole server less convenient, but allows you avoid any changes, such of creation of stored procedure itself, on highly secured server.
So, I also added error checking, some version control, enhanced extended events' reporting, and partitioned databases handling.
Download Here - Version 1.22
Tested on following versions of SQL Server:
- 2014 Enterprise
- 2012 Enterprise, Standard.
- 2008 R2 (SP1) Enterprise.
- 2005 Express.
Does not work on SQL Server versions earlier than 2005.
Just put name of the database you want to document in the third line of the script and run the script.
DECLARE @DBName VARCHAR(128) = '<YOUR DATABASE NAME>'
You have to get something like this:
Please leave you feedback here.
Bugs found so far:
1. (FIXED) In 2008R2(SP1) "DB Used Space in MB" is calculated incorrectly.
2. Does not properly handles multiple object's properties.
Changes for Ver 1.01:
1. Changed SP to "dbo" schema.
2. Fixed Bug #1.