If not, that script is for you!
At first, you will know what is your SQL Server is up to.
At second, that might be your baseline document, to which you can compare a current SQL Server state over the time.
At third, that is a priceless piece of documentation!!! (I mean FREE!!!) which you can put in a folder and report to your boss.
So, use it with a little disclaimer:
1. You have to run this script as an administrator. To do this: Right click on PowerShell Icon and choose: "Run As administrator":
2. ONLY YOU - who is responsible to run this script. If accidentally it will format your hard drive or delete all your backups - you will be guilty! So, see what it is doing and decide if it is safe for you to run.
3. I've tested it on SQL Servers 2014 & 2016. It also supposed to work with SQL 2012. Versions 2008 & 2005 might have some slide problems.
4. I'm SQL guy and know that this script is not perfect. It might miss some data or even go with an error in some special situation. So, see #2 and make changes/adjustments yourself and if you can't, leave your angry note here and I might help.
5. The script collects info ONLY regarding SQL Engine. If I see the popularity of it I might extend it to SSAS/SSIS/SSRS/SQL Agent etc.
Just in case you have an idea what to expect from this script, here is an output from my test system: